- 0207 078 9830
- 01252 411 111
- 01483 339 993
- 0151 2030 200
- 0161 8700 700
- 0191 3000 666
Consumer Rights Directive: A Guide to the Changes
9th June 2014 Voice, Matthew Cox
Nomis Connections produce a guide to help businesses ensure they’re compliant with changes to the way they can use 08 and 09 numbers.
In April, Nomis Connections discussed the Consumer Rights Directive: Changes to revenue share numbers, informing you of changes to how businesses selling to consumers (B2C) will be allowed to use 084, 087 and 09 numbers to support existing end consumers.
Changes to the way these 08 and 09 numbers are used will come into force on 13th June 2014.
Further to this information, Nomis has published a short downloadable guide to assist B2B businesses in making the necessary changes that ensure their compliance with the updated Consumer Rights Directive.
This guide discusses important information on changes to 084, 087 and 09 numbers such as:
- The background to the changes – explaining the updated Consumer Rights Directive, and what place these changes have within it
- Details of industries that are exempt from these changes, and therefore do not need to make any changes
- The timescale that these changes need to take place in, and looking toward future considerations
- Additional information on the CRD as a whole, as provided by the Department for Business Innovation & Skills
- The next steps that B2B businesses must take in order to remain compliant with these new standards
- Information on Contact Announcement – a service that allows you to alert existing consumers to your number changes
The guide also provides information on how Nomis Connections are able to aid your business in implementing CRD changes, while ensuring you do not miss any calls while making these.
To learn more about these changes, how they affect you, and how to keep your business compliant – please download our guide.
Consumer Rights Directive: Important changes to 084, 087 and 09 numbers